When preparing your home for the market, it’s great to know there are some relatively inexpensive improvements that can make a big impact with buyers.
A few well-placed pieces of décor and a clutter-free home are simple things you can do on a budget to bump up interest in your home. Once the fundamentals of a well-maintained home are taken care of, these easy initiatives can seal the deal.
- Clear the decks. Counter space is extremely important for buyers. Be sure to store kitchen and bathroom items off the counters. Purchase storage baskets in several different sizes to help you clear the decks in a hurry and minimize clutter.
- Brighten up storage spaces. Closets and cupboard space are important selling features. You can make the most of what you have by purging unused items and painting a light colour inside cupboards and closets. Adding battery-operated lighting is also an inexpensive way to brighten a dark closet.
- Replace interior room doors. Quickly and inexpensively brighten hallways and rooms by replacing interior doors and hardware. New white panelled doors and hardware can quickly freshen the home. Look for sales at your local building centre.
- Tear up dingy broadloom. You may be pleasantly surprised by what’s underneath. Even if you don’t like what you see, replacing broadloom is one of the most economical improvements you can make when you consider overall return on your dollar.
- Paint. Even high-end interior paints are a bargain when you look at what can be achieved with a fresh new finish. Opt for neutral colours in matte or eggshell finishes to camouflage flaws in walls. Trim is best handled with a white shade of satin, semi-gloss or high-gloss finish.
Contact your local Calgary REALTOR®
Looking for an experienced agent who specializes in real estate across Calgary? Contact Vanessa Pitman, your local Calgary REALTOR®.